National Career Development and Leadership Programme for mid-career GP
Looking for new opportunities? At risk of burnout? Let us energise you, inspire you and turn your job back into a career!
This FULLY FUNDED course starting on Wednesday 23rd October, supported by NHSE, is FREE to attend for successful applicants.
Six evening sessions over six months. Supper & Refreshments included.
- Ahmed Kazmi, GP & Stand Up Comedian
- Clare Gerada, Medical Director PHP, ex-RCGP Chair
- Nigel Watson, Chair GP Partnership Review & Wessex LMC
- Ian Davies, GP Partner & Polar Explorer
- Nikki Kanani, Acting Director of Primary Care, NHSE
- Doctor Wellbeing
- Quality Improvement
- Group Facilitation
- Change Management
- Strengths Finder
Who we are
Phoenix GP is a new national pilot programme, developed with NHS England, which aims to re-engage, inspire and develop the core workforce of mid-career GPs. Developed along similar lines to the Next Generation GP programme, and initially inspired by it, Phoenix GP is an independent programme designed specifically to meet the needs of mid-career GPs and the challenges they face. Across 6 evening sessions over 6 months, you will have the chance to listen to and question GP leaders and inspirational GPs who have broadened their work experience beyond the limits of the daily grind. Each evening you will then have a dedicated training session to develop a range of transferable skills that can help to re-invigorate your career and form the basis for the next steps in your career development.
- – To provide career development pathways through motivation, developing transferable skills and exposure to new opportunities.
- – To reduce the risk of burnout and improve GP retention by re-inspiring participants.
- – To create a movement that generates positivity about general practice, re-energises GPs and turns the job back into a career.
- To inspire with stories from a wide variety of outstanding leaders.
- To energise with new vision and new perspectives.
- To develop new transferrable skills.
- To create local networks of like-minded colleagues
- To provide a launchpad into new career opportunities
- To demonstrate recognition, appreciation and investment in mid-career GPs
Please click here to find out further details about the upcoming Phoenix GP programme including how to apply.