The relationship between organisations and communities across the world is changing and this change is going to require a fundamental shift in behaviours from both officers in organisations and residents in communities.
In this stretching and refreshing session international speaker and author Cormac Russell, will draw on the concepts and approaches from his latest book: Rekindling Democracy: A Professional’s Guide to Working in Citizen Space to facilitate a wide ranging discussion on how best to put communities at the centre of change and how this can support recovery. This gives you the opportunity to look at four fundamental questions for creating vibrant and resilient communities in keeping with the current strategies and policies:
- What can communities do that organisations cannot?
- What can communities do with organisations that neither can do alone?
- What can organisations do that communities cannot?
- How can we get these competencies and strengths better aligned?
Cormac Russell, Managing Director of Nurture Development, will demonstrate why he believes that the traditional customer segmentation and needs analysis approaches are the way of the past, and that assets and strengths are the future.
In this session Cormac Russell will:
- Share with you the fundamental principles of Asset-Based Community Development and how they relate to leadership at all level.
- Share practical approaches to implementation and structural change
- Share his experiences of working across the world using asset-based community development to grow communities in the most challenging of circumstances.
- Give you the opportunity to work through some of the challenges that you are currently facing and apply what you have heard to your context and in keeping with your current strategies for Community Renewal.
This session is aimed at leaders from the NHS from across the South West region.
Review the following audio visual and text materials: Katie Kelly, East Ayrshire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky7mcghu89M
We Don’t Have Health Problem, We Have A Village Problem https://www.nurturedevelopment.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/we-dont-have-a-health-problem-we-have-a-village-problem8259.pdf
The Helper’s Crossroads (4 Modes of Change): https://amicitia.org/2021/06/16/the-helpers-crossroads/
Register for your place
13th December 2021, 14:00 – 16:00 – register for a place here
Bio: Cormac is a social explorer, an author and a much sought after speaker. He is Managing Director of Nurture Development and a faculty member of the Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD) Institute, at DePaul University, Chicago.
Over the last 25 years, Cormac’s work has demonstrated an enduring impact in 35 countries around the world. He has trained communities, agencies, NGOs and governments in ABCD and other community-based approaches in Africa, Asia, Australia/Oceania, Europe and North America.