New for 2018 we have an exciting new partnership with the University of Exeter Medical School, through which we are pleased to offer the PG Cert in Healthcare Leadership and Management. This programme has been specifically created to offer the time, space, and support you need to become a compassionate, inclusive and effective leader of the future.
Whilst this programme is suitable for all aspiring or established leaders in any health-related discipline which includes commissioners, managers and GPs – for this first small cohort of 8 people we are looking for non-clinical leaders to join a large number of clinical leaders already enrolled through Exeter University.
You will be taught in a collective learning environment in which professionals of all disciplines study together to develop their leadership and management skills. The core principles of the programme are aligned to the national framework for action on improvement and leadership development in NHS-funded services, Developing People – Improving Care.
You will be awarded your PG Cert on completion of modules in:
- Implementation Science
- Leading change in health services
- Leadership in Healthcare
- Management in Healthcare
Each module will include both formative and summative elements. Formative assessment will involve opportunities for discussion and feedback from peers and tutors. The summative assessment element for each module will provide students with the opportunity to demonstrate achievement of the intended learning outcomes.
Throughout this programme we aim to:
- Provide you with a safe ‘practitioner researcher’ led environment for you to share your ideas, perspectives and current experiences in response to realistic scenarios.
- Challenge you to consider offering solutions alone and in collaboration.
- Support your development as a leader through engagement with both core and advanced concepts in leadership and change focusing on the delivery of healthcare at team and system level.
- Enable you to analyse, synthesise, evaluate and reflect on the translation of research based evidence into healthcare practice.
- Provide opportunities for you to refine written and verbal communication skills through the examination of theory and its use in practice.
Introduction and orientation day – 26 Sep 18
HPDM059 Leading Change in Health Services – 26 Nov 18-30 Nov 18
HPDM081 Healthcare Management – 25 Feb 19-1 Mar 19
HPDM058 Implementation Science – 6 May 19-10 May 19
HPDM080 Healthcare Leadership – 24 Jun 19- 28 Jun 19
Applicants should be highly motivated and have either a 2:2 or equivalent professional – priority will be given to non-clinical applicants for this cohort. For a range of Clinical Leadership Offers please contact our team.
Applications for this intake have now closed. To find out more about leadership development opportunities at the South West Leadership Academy please call 01454 252719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.