For aspirant directors.
Leadership for today. Leadership for tomorrow.
The Nye Bevan programme has been specifically designed to develop senior leaders. It’s been shown to accelerate individuals into executive roles, helping them perform better at board level, and help boards better meet operational challenges today and enable change for tomorrow. Designed with national and international experts in health and organisational performance the programme offers support and learning to build personal resilience, confidence and capabilities over 12 months.
For the individual:
- The programme allows you to develop the skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviours to succeed and operate successfully at executive level as part of the board.
- The programme is unique. The core is the Self Managed Learning and peer assessment philosophy of the programme – participants submit evidence to each other, making courageous decisions in holding peers to account for their impact as leaders, and making pass or fail decisions on each other’s work. These are the kind of behaviours that differentiate executive performance at board level.
- It facilitates a collaboration with colleagues and peers using your own experiences to solve difficult problems; building your own support network with other participants throughout the healthcare system.
- The programme is situation-relevant, tackling real workplace issues in a safe, scenario-based environment. This reflects the level of working needed at board level to promote safe, high-performing, and continuously-improving organisations.
- Allows the development of a critical awareness of your personal approach to leadership, your biases, blind spots, attitude to diversity and how you will continue to develop your leadership after the programme. This learning is essential to enabling the kind of radical service redesign our health services need.
- Creates a focus on your behaviours and challenges to improve outcomes and patient care. The programme offers experiential support and learning.
- Enhances your ability to influence local and national policies, dealing with the unknown.
- The programme has a world-class expert faculty of global business leaders and educationalists.
- Participants who successfully complete the programme will qualify for the NHS Leadership Academy Award in Executive Healthcare Leadership.
- The programme uses state-of-the-art online learning.
- The programme is based in Leeds at the Academy and offers an exceptional learning experience.
- Brings the opportunity to become part of the Academy’s wider membership, to share insights and experiences and continue to develop with others.
For the organisation:
- The programme was designed with the NHS, in the NHS for those working in and with healthcare.
- It was designed with national and international experts in health and organisational performance, with a focus on quality of providers.
- The programme helps participants perform better at board level and accelerate individuals into executive roles.
- The programme helps boards better meet operational challenges today and enable change for tomorrow.
- The programme offers support and learning to build personal resilience, confidence and capabilities among its participants.
- The programme is uniquely designed to scale according to the needs of the NHS without compromising quality.
- Investment at this level improves recruitment and retention, reduces costs with interim and vacancies at executive levels and the associated drops in productivity.