A leadership role in today’s health service brings many challenges, motivating others to deliver high standards of care whilst balancing operational pressures and meeting targets. How do leaders remain themselves – treating those they lead in the way they would like to be treated – with compassion and humanity.
The South West Leadership Academy is delighted to launch this new programme aimed at developing and embedding compassionate leadership with authenticity across the region. This three module programme is designed to focus on you as a leader, consider how you lead those around you and explore how you connect to the wider Health and Care system. The programme is founded on Professor Michael West’s Compassionate Leadership model – ‘Compassionate Leadership for Compassionate Health Services’, the model supports the evidence base correlating the quality of leadership with the quality of care provided.
This programme will enable emerging and established leaders to spend time exploring their personality preferences and their strengths at work and considering how best to utilise their qualities to be an authentic compassionate leader. This is a unique opportunity to go on a journey of self exploration whilst developing approaches and expertise that will positively impact on those that you lead and the quality of care your organisation provides.
Emerging and experienced leaders from multidisciplinary backgrounds at all levels who are committed to embedding compassionate approaches to leadership and delivering compassionate health services.
Aims and objectives:
- To embark on a journey of exploration, ultimately enabling you to lead with authenticity
- As a compassionate leader, to understand how compassionate leadership behaviours support compassionate health services
- To consider how compassionate leadership can impact on your team and the quality of care delivered
- As a compassionate leader, to influence the wider system and improve outcomes
Dates of the programme:
- Module one: Tuesday 11th February, 9.30 – 16.45, South West House, Taunton TA1 2PX
- Module two: Tuesday 3rd March, 9.30 – 16.45, South West House, Taunton TA1 2PX
- Module three: Wednesday 25th March, 9.30 – 16.45, South West House, Taunton TA1 2PX
- Module one: Wednesday 12th February, 9.30 – 16.45, South West House, Taunton TA1 2PX
- Module two: Wednesday 4th March, 9.30 – 16.45, South West House, Taunton TA1 2PX
- Module three: Thursday 26th March, 9.30 – 16.45, Taunton Racecourse, Taunton TA3 7BL
Applications for this programme have now closed, please click here to express an interest in a future cohort of the programme.