This development programme is designed to support middle and senior leaders build their Personal Resilience, and to develop their confidence, knowledge, and skills to lead for Wellbeing. Underpinned by the principles of Compassionate Inclusive Leadership and Self-Compassion, the course is facilitated by Byron Lee from Added Value Learning. The overall aim of the programme is to contribute to enabling and supporting a group of leaders in building, advocating and supporting both their own wellbeing, and the wellbeing of others. Formed of four 1-day modules, plus optional 1-to-1 wellbeing coaching, the course runs over a 3-month period.
Module 1: The importance of self-care and modelling wellbeing
Monday 13th May, 9.30 – 17.00
Module 2: A compassionate approach to supporting the wellbeing of others
Wednesday 5th June, 9.30 – 17.00
Module 3: An appreciative approach to wellbeing change
Wednesday 26th June, 9.30 – 17.00
Module 4: embedding wellbeing and strategic wellbeing
Monday 15th July, 9.30 – 17.00
By the end of the programme participants will:
- Have a greater self-awareness of their stress triggers, reactivity styles and the personal and organisational challenges that impact of their wellbeing
- Be aware of, understand and have developed a personal approach to self care and self-compassion that responds to their own wellbeing needs, and enables them to be a resource to others (e.g. modelling wellbeing and self-care, empathy for others)
- Be familiar with models of wellbeing, resilience and applied positive psychology (including the neuropsychology of negative and positive emotions); the difference between deficit models of wellbeing and strengths/asset-based approaches; and how to apply an appreciative approach to wellbeing and resilience
- Understand and have begun developing a compassion-based inclusive approach to supporting the wellbeing of others
- Have explored and practiced ways of encouraging and leading on wellbeing in the workplace
- Have built a toolkit of wellbeing interventions and activities and begun introducing workplace wellbeing activities to enhance the wellbeing of colleagues
- Have a personal action plan for personal ongoing development and support, including building a community of wellbeing leadership practitioners
Byron Lee – Byron has a background in health and social care, community and higher education, coaching and leadership development; and has spent the past 25 years supporting individuals, teams, communities and organisations build supportive, high performing and inclusive practices, systems and cultures. His passion is supporting individuals, team and organisations weave together different sources of knowledge, wisdom and practice to support collaborative learning and change. His current work involves supporting change agents develop a compassionate approach in their work, including self-care, engaging with complexity and difficulties, and compassionate action.
Applications for this programme have closed. To find out more about leadership development opportunities at the South West Leadership Academy please call 01454 252719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.