We aim to provide all colleagues with the support and opportunity they need to reach their full potential. We also strive to reflect the diversity of our workforce within our development opportunities, following a recent review of the South West Leadership Academy coaching register, we are taking some positive actions to provide a more diverse coaching register.
As a starting place we would like to increase the number of coaches on our register from BAME (Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic) colleagues working in Health and Social Care across the South West.
Therefore, we are delighted to announce the launch of the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring – BAME Cohort for applications.
This programme is open to those who have a strong interest in becoming a qualified coach and working with clients. Suitable participants may already be informally coaching others and be looking to develop and formalise their capabilities through a qualification, or they might be entirely new to the concept of coaching but have a passion for developing and motivating others, dynamic conversation, iterative learning and active listening.
Participants should be committed to:
- Inspiring and motivating others
- Attending all face to face and virtual aspects of the programme, and actively practising with clients for a minimum of 18 hours
- Completing the assignments as required to complete the programme
- Joining and participating in the SWLA coaching register and coaching network, committing to coaching with at least one client per calendar year
Aims and objectives:
- To provide an industry recognised coaching qualification in order to formalise a coach’s learning and experience
- To produce a cohort of trained coaches who operate within the EMCC code of ethics
- For participants to have gained both the theoretical knowledge and practical professional practice required to coach effectively and ethically within the healthcare system
Dates of the programme:
Introductory Webinar – Pre-recorded presentation that can be accessed at a time to suit you.
Day 1 – 25th February 2020 09:30-16:30
Day 2 – 26th February 2020 09:30-16:30
Prof Practice & Tutorial – 26th March 2020 10:00-13:00
Day 3 – 23rd April 2020 09:30-16:30
Day 4 – 21st May 2020 09:30-16:30
Prof Practice & Tutorial – 10th June 2020 10:00-13:00
Successful applicants will also need to practice their coaching and complete an assignment as part of this programme.
Details will be confirmed on acceptance to the programme.
Please note that the ILM assignment will consist of written essays to be completed, all with a required word count, along with logs of your coaching practice.
The deadline for these assignments will also be communicated through the application form process.