This one-day workshop is the ‘Hub’ for the Essence of Leadership. It is the suggested starting point for the Series, aimed at emerging leaders – those starting their leadership careers or who have just moved into a role with leadership responsibilities for the first time.
- Identify the key roles and responsibilities of the Line Manager and the distinction between management and leadership
- Explain how the Leader can help teams to develop and become high performing
- Explain what is coaching, and how to get the best out of individuals and teams using a coaching style of leadership
- Identify examples of how people react and respond to change, and how a Leader can support them to navigate their way through the change cycle
- The role of the first Line Manager – key roles and responsibilities (distinction between management and leadership).
- Team Dynamics – The Leader as Team Builder
- Developing a Team – The Leader as Coach
- Change and Transition – The Leader as Change Agent