Dr Reuven Bar-On describes Emotional Intelligence as “Our personal and interpersonal skills and capabilities that enable one to successfully cope and influence environmental demands and pressures.”
Personal wellbeing is seen as an output of and a direct indicator of an individual’s emotional intelligence.
This one day masterclass will explore the development interventions that all levels of leaders can utilise for themselves and for their teams in developing well-being.
Ahead of the masterclass you will be provided with an article on EI and a Self-Assessment to complete on the competencies below.
Following the event, and to support learning, delegates will be sent an e-shot on key development topics from the masterclass once a week for 6 weeks.
Aims and objectives:
This masterclass will look at 5 key EI competencies that are shown to underpin this capacity:
- Happiness; includes feelings of satisfaction, contentment and the ability to enjoy the many aspects of one’s life.
- Optimism: is an indicator of one’s positive attitude and outlook on life, It involves remaining hopeful and resilient.
- Interpersonal Relationships; refers to the skill of developing and maintaining satisfying relationships that are characterised by trust and compassion.
- Self-Actualisation; is the willingness to persistently try to improve oneself and engage in the pursuit of personally relevant and meaningful objectives that lead to a rich and enjoyable life.
- Self-Regard: is respecting oneself while understanding and accepting one’s strengths and weaknesses. Self-Regard is often associated with feelings of inner strength and confidence.
Damion Wonfor is an experienced Executive Coach, Facilitator, Coach Supervisor and Mindfulness teacher. He is Founder of Catalyst 14 Ltd and has facilitated individuals and groups at all levels within organisations across the private and public sectors in the UK and Globally. He specialises in developing coaching, dialogue and group learning and facilitation skills. He works specifically with leaders developing their emotional intelligence, wellbeing and resilience.
Liz Palmer has extensive experience as a facilitator and coach and her client base includes both public and private sector organisations across science, manufacturing, retail, education and the charity sector. She is comfortable working in both large multinationals and SMEs and with people from the shop-floor to the boardroom. Her focus has always been on how Individuals and teams can develop themselves and have the greatest impact in both their business and personal lives.
Application process: please click here to register your interest in a future cohort.