Please note, we have reached capacity for this offer. If you would like to express an interest in future offers, please scroll to the end of this page and submit your details.
In response to the additional challenges this winter, we are pleased to introduce our new, Bitesize Coaching offer to support Frontline Leaders across the South West.
We are working with a team of professional coaches who will provide focused, short-term support in the form of a 45-minute virtual or telephone coaching session. These are designed to offer a safe space where Frontline Leaders can reflect on and explore their concerns, needs and challenges in a constructive way.
What is Coaching and how can it help?
At its purest, coaching is the art of truly listening and asking questions that help the coachee generate insights and new perspectives to help empower them and move forward in a positive way. This can be achieved in a short space of time in a confidential environment where it feels safe to share vulnerabilities and issues that might otherwise inhibit progress.
What topics can I bring to coaching?
Every coachee has their own unique challenges so people using this service will do so for a whole host of reasons, which might include the following:
- Stress, overwhelm and exhaustion
- Tensions with colleagues, stakeholders, their seniors or people they lead
- A new role, a new team or additional responsibilities
- Increasing pressure, complexity and ambiguity
- Juggling competing workloads
- Impending difficult conversations
- Uncertainty about what to do next
- Issues with confidence, impostor syndrome or managing boundaries
- Simply wanting to feel heard and understood in a non-judgemental way.
Coaching has provided an outlet and support recently for leaders across frontline care. Some examples are (but not limited to):
- Helped an ICU Anaesthetist to deal with overwhelm in the height of the epidemic, build short and medium-term coping strategies and give him confidence to address stress responses in his junior colleagues and direct them to get much-needed support
- Enabled a new consultant to get to grips with the politics and difficulties of running the surge rota and helped her to grow in confidence, silence dissenting voices and take more appropriate ownership
- Changed a shy, perfectionistic senior medic into a courageous, assertive leader aligning competing priorities and agendas
- Helped a dietetic medical lead avoid a recurrence of the burnout she’d suffered a few years before despite returning from maternity leave in the start of the epidemic and needing to reallocate her 40-strong team across three new locations
- Enabled an occupational therapist to develop innovative and practical ways to offer support to patients despite the limitations Covid-19 imposed on her normal ways of working
- Provided a confidential ear to a nurse who wanted to express her concerns and worries to someone who would listen in a non-judgemental way
Frontline, Patient-facing Leaders, across the South West region.
How will the coaching session take place?
- The coaching session will be offered at a time to suit you Monday – Friday, between 8am and 8pm. Your session time will be agreed between you and your coach.
- The Bitesize coaching session will last approximately 45 minutes.
- You will be invited to indicate your preferred method of coaching (MSTeams/Skype/Zoom/Facetime/Phone Call)
- Ideally, find a private space where you feel comfortable and won’t be overheard
- We are aiming for our coach supplier organisations to contact Coachees by Friday 8th January to arrange a suitable time and date for the coaching session.
We are working with selected coaching providers to provide Frontline Leaders with free, confidential, 1-2-1 coaching. Our providers are Insightful Exchange, LeaderSpace and Crisp.