All leaders who are working across Primary Care.
Using Emotional Intelligence
Monday 18th February, 10.00-16.00, South West House, Taunton TA1 2PX – BOOK NOW
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- The importance of Self Awareness – gaining a better understanding of ourselves and others.
- The Relevance of E.I to leadership – managing our own internal reactions and resources, and getting the best from others.
- I Leadership Styles – Goleman’s 6 styles
- Leadership ‘Flex’ – The importance of flexing styles and approaches to get the best from relationships and teams.
Monday 11th March, 10.00-16.00, South West House, Taunton TA1 2PX – BOOK NOW
- Individual and Team Performance – the importance of behaviours.
- Identifying and challenging the ‘Peaks and the Dips’.
- Blockers to healthy conversation.
- State Management – Navigating the emotional reactions we may have (and also encounter).
- Building rapport.
- Constructive feedback, delivering assertive yet respectful ‘challenge’.
Resilience and Personal Impact
Thursday 4th April, 10.00-16.00, South West House, Taunton TA1 2PX – BOOK NOW
- Stress or pressure? Recognising and understanding how different people react.
- Ways to manage pressure.
- Optimising personal resilience: how our brain works – recognising and managing your ‘inner chimp’ to get the best out of yourself and others.
- Energy Management: understanding the importance of managing personal energy as key to high performance.
- Leading others: recognising the leadership skills and attributes for building and
leading resilient teams during periods of change.
Creativity and Innovative Working
Wednesday 24th April, 10.00-16.00, South West House, Taunton TA1 2PX – BOOK NOW
- What is Creative Thinking?
- When & Why do we need to be Creative? – The Operational World of organisations vs Creative World.
- Where can we be creative in Healthcare settings?
- Creativity & the Innovation ‘Process’.
- Practising Creative methods & behaviours – looking at problems from fresh perspectives, characterising the worlds of those new perspectives.
- Suspending the ‘critical mind’ to be in a Creative state
- Bringing new ideas to life – making possibilities ‘real’.
Wednesday 1st May, 10.00-16.00, South West House, Taunton TA1 2PX – BOOK NOW
- Reactions to Change: understanding how and why people react differently to Change.
- Leading change: Theory E and Theory O.
- Creating engagement: developing techniques to effectively engage and support staff throughout extended periods of change.
- The 8-steps to successful change: how to plan and manage successful change initiatives.
- Dealing with resistance: identifying strategies to manage both resisters and players.
- Communicating Change.
Influencing in a Systems Context
Wednesday 22 May, 10.00-16.00, South West House, Taunton TA1 2PX – BOOK NOW
- The new realities – greater systems working and complexity in healthcare settings – what does this mean for how we work?
- The Systems Challenge – making plans for greater connectedness and collaboration in our work.
- Stakeholder Mapping – who do we need to work with and how will they respond to our approaches?
- Power Bases – how to leverage the right type of influence.
- Communication styles and influence.
- Strategic Influencing – a four stage model to creating consensus and building closer connections.
For emerging leaders to develop confidence and capability in their individual leadership style
– Increase self-awareness as a leader
– Develop capability and confidence as a new or emergent leader
– Acquire leadership skills and knowledge
– Provide an opportunity to practically apply the skills and knowledge in a safe environment