Venue: Taunton Rugby Club
Time: 9:30 registration for a prompt 10.00 start, finishing by 16:30
The Self-Discovery Day is an entry-level interactive workshop to support compassionate and inclusive leadership for all. The day provides a guided psychological approach to supporting people in increasing their self-awareness and explores emotional intelligence. The day is centred on the following areas:
- Communicating with impact
- Why self-awareness is important and how to build it
- How do I respond (my emotional reactions)
- Who am I at my best?
Research shows that the most powerful factor influencing culture is leadership. Leaders who model compassion, inclusion and dedication to improvement in all their interactions are the key to creating cultures of continuous improvement in health and care. In recognition of this, the new national Leadership Development framework Developing People – Improving Care proposes all staff should have the opportunity to explore their potential and formulate a development plan.
The workshop will offer an opportunity to ‘self’ explore and plan your career journey, it is aimed at clinical and non-clinical staff in band 5, 6 and 7.
This interactive workshop will give delegates the opportunity to:
- explore their values, motivations, and preferences.
- think about themselves in their current role, their purpose, their level of contentment, how well they think they perform.
- how they manage their emotions when faced with particularly difficult situations or work-life challenges, what their emotional responses have been and how you might better manage those situations.
- their career/life journey and aspirations.
- their impact on others and how you might be perceived by others.
Facilitator: Rebekah Giffney, Chartered Psychologist
Rebekah is an experienced Chartered Occupational Psychologist, registered with the HPCP and BPS, who has over 15 year of experience in optimising the potential of individuals, teams and organisations. Rebekah is a skilled practitioner, qualified at Level A and B intermediate in psychological testing and feedback across a range of personality profile tools. Rebekah is also a Supervisor of practicing psychologists and in 2014 was recognised for her contributions to the field of psychology being made an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society.
Register your place:
This workshop has reached capacity. Please click here to express your interest in a future cohort.
Joining instructions will be sent two weeks prior to the workshop.
There is no fee to attend this training, by registering you will be signing up to a cancellation charge of £150 for non-attendance unless you notify leadership.SW@leadershipacademy.nhs.uk 10 working days in advance of the event date or your attendance is deputised.