Here at the South West Leadership Academy, our aim is to increase the capacity and capability of our coaches and mentors across the South West by providing accredited programmes, CPD opportunities and supervision/reflective practice.
We have a growing register of coaches and mentors and our future aim would be to provide supervision at all our CPD events. This programme would provide qualified coaches with the opportunity to explore the basics of supervision and consider the application of supervision to their coaching practice.
The programme will involve a short introductory and post programme webinar, a taught study day, which will be highly participative and an action learning set.
Following completion of this programme you will be asked to support the SWLA at our future CPD events. We would envisage that the requirement would be to attend one/two CPD session (s) a year as a supervisor.
- Qualified Coaches
(You will need to join the Regional Coaching Register if you haven’t already done so).
The broad outline for the programme will include:
- An overview of the concept, nature and value of coaching supervision
- Exploration of the differences between coaching supervision and clinical/ therapeutic supervision
- Introduction to a supervision model
- Reviewing the skills and competencies of coaching supervision
- An opportunity to practice supervision skills in live coach supervision sessions
- Introductory Webinar: 16th May 2019 1100-1230
- Supervisory Workshop: 11th June 2019 0930-1630
- Action Learning Sets: 16th July 2019 0930-1630
- Post Programme Webinar: 9th September 2019 1300-1430
Kate Hesk has coached many and varied clients including directors, Managing Directors and leaders at all levels in small and large organisations. Kate has also been working closely over the past two years delivering coaching services and accredited coaching skills training in Strategic Health Authorities such as NHS Yorkshire and the Humber, NHS South Central, NHS East of England and with the NHS North West Leadership Academy. Kate specialises in coaching individuals and teams through change including major business change; mentoring, self-leadership and personal growth techniques, leadership and team development programmes and strategic and marketing consultancy. Kate is an experienced coach and coaching supervisor.