Venue: Taunton Rugby Club
Almost every day we read about the adverse effect of inequality, prejudice and discrimination and calls for greater fairness, equality and social justice. And whilst things are changing for the better, progress at times can feel slow and often fraught with challenges. So finding ways to engage the hearts and minds of colleagues and fellow workers is critical to success. This too is effective leadership.
The compassionate Inclusive Leadership programme will introduce you to a simple, yet effective approaches to inclusion, that will enable you stay engaged with challenging situations without feeling overwhelmed. Moreover, you will learn how, rather than reactively responding to ‘difficulties’ aggressively or defensively, to take a pro-active, calm, thoughtful and effective response thereby making a real difference in building an inclusive and equitable workplace.
The compassionate inclusion leadership programme offers an opportunity to cultivate your natural compassion so that is can be applied to creating inclusive, diverse and equitable culture and develop inclusive leadership practices.
The programme also offers for those interested the chance to develop or deepen their mindfulness practice before the start of each day.
Individuals with a commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion whose work provides the opportunity to apply programme learning within their workplace.
Aims and objectives:
– Understand compassion based approaches to inclusion, including addressing unconscious bias, and building a fair, equitable and inclusive workplace culture.
– Recognise your personal strengths for promoting inclusion and how to put them to best use in their work.
– Learn and practice compassionate ways to approaching familiar challenges.
– Explore compassion-based ways to ensure staff engagement with inclusion, including leadership buy-in.
– Learn and practice self-compassion as way of maintaining their resilience during difficult times.
Programme dates, venue and times:
– Thursday 14th February, 09.30 – 17.00, Taunton Rugby Club
– Friday 15th February, 09.30 – 17.00, Taunton Rugby Club
– Wednesday 6th March, 09.30 – 17.00, Taunton Rugby Club
– Thursday 28th March, 09.30 – 17.00, Taunton Rugby Club
– Thursday 25th April, 09.30 – 17.00, Taunton Rugby Club
– Wednesday 15th May, 09.30 – 17.00, Taunton Rugby Club
Byron began his professional life as a nurse back in the 80’s and enjoyed a varied career within the NHS until 1997, including leading on clinical change programmes, teaching on clinical and professional education courses, and providing occupational health counselling and clinical supervision. He became a freelance training and management consultant in 1997 to focus on developing his work in the field of inclusion, diversity and equality within a host of different sectors, and has maintained a strong link with the health and care sectors.
Today, he makes best use of his training and experience within leadership education and coaching, mindfulness, positive psychology, and interpersonal, inclusion and diversity management skills to support the development of individuals, teams and organizations. His research and practice has led him to develop compassionate leadership programmes, including leading with compassionate inclusion.
To obtain a place on this programme you will need to complete an Expression of Interest (EoI).
Once we have received your EoI we will send you an application. The application will need to be fully completed and returned to leadership.SW@hee.nhs.uk by 5pm, Friday 11th January.
Applications received after 5pm, Friday 11th January will not be submitted for shortlisting.