Talent Management, Developing Expertise
Embedding Talent Management within your organisation
Talent Management has been identified as a critical leadership development initiative across the NHS. There is a growing expectation that NHS funded organisations focus on talent development and planning as one of their core activities. The South West Leadership Academy has commissioned this programme for Development professionals to:
- support individuals and organisations to adopt a talent mind-set
- promote the effective planning, engagement, implementation and evaluation of
- talent management processes within your organisation
- enhance capability in managing talent effectively at an individual, organisational and
- system wide level
Module 1: 23rd November, South West House, Taunton, TA1 2PX (9.00 - 16.45)
- Exploring a range of talent management definitions
- Readiness assessment for your organisation
- Developing greater insight into the foundations for successful implementation
- National drivers and developing your strategy
- Learning about different approaches, risks and benefits
Module 2: 23rd January, South West House, Taunton, TA1 2PX (9.00 - 16.45)
- Measuring performance and potential
- Developing your talent pipeline
- Exploring a range of talent tools and talent management in other industries
- Managing organisational talent management challenges and exploring solutions
- Talent conversations and feedback
Module 3: 21st February, South West House, Taunton, TA1 2PX (9.00 - 16.45)
- Developing a broader understanding of inclusive talent management
- Strategic context – attracting, developing and retaining talent
- Exploring how individual and team talent data can be utilised
- Gaining insight into a range of succession planning approaches
- Talent Management Case Study
In order to successfully complete the programme you are required to attend and complete the programme in full. Please note the module dates above and please check your availability and then hold these dates in your diary.
Andrea Glover - Andrea has 20 years’ experience across a range of industry sectors including health, manufacturing, financial services, automotive and local government. She spent her early career working in senior management and board level roles and has significant experience of leading teams, enhancing performance and developing HR functions.
She specialises in talent management, assessment and organisational development and has worked extensively across the NHS. Andrea holds an MSc in HR Management, a PgCert in the Psychology of Organisational Development and Change, a Certificate in Executive Coaching and is qualified to use a wide range of psychometrics. She is passionate about building relationships and developing others to realise their potential.
To obtain a place on this programme you will need to complete the application form which can be found here. For your application to be considered, your application and associated supporting commitment must be fully completed and returned to leadership.SW@hee.nhs.uk by 5pm, Friday 20th October.