Enabling groups to achieve their best
The formation of Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STPs) has highlighted a need for coaches to develop the skills to work with emerging groups and partnerships. Specifically, there is a need to develop the skills and confidence to support groups of people who are working together towards a common goal; this is likely to include groups and partnerships across the system (e.g. STPs) and teams within the coaches’ own organisations. Therefore, we have developed a new programme within the South West region to ensure we are able to develop our coaches and facilitators to enable them to work effectively within their role.
Purpose and outcomes:
- To build on the skill base of existing coaches and facilitators in the South West
- To enhance the capability of coaching and facilitation talent, enabling this cohort to work confidently with newly formed groups in the coaching space
- To build an awareness and understanding of group dynamics and processes, through theoretical and practical group related models
- To develop existing coaches and facilitators in utilising a range of approaches/techniques/resources to provide high quality group coaching
- To gain individual commitment from participants to engage with a specific group within their respective organisations so as to practice the skills and approaches learned during and throughout the programme
- By the end of the programme for each participant to have delivered a parallel process of development with a specific group, practicing the core skills they will learn, and utilising reflective practice to enhance their own personal development
- To establish a network of professionals who are skilled in working with groups and who will share knowledge and experience within the network, further embedding their learning
The structure of the programme:
- Module 1 (2 day module) 29th November, 10.00 - 18.00 & 30th November, 9.30 – 17.30
- Module 2 (1 day module) : 30th January, 9.30 – 5.30
- Module 3 (1 day module) : 27th February, 9.30 – 5.30
- Module 4 (1 day module) : 27th March, 9.30 – 5.30
In order to successfully complete the programme you are required to attend and complete the programme in full. Please note the module dates above and please check your availability and then hold these dates in your diary.
Anna Springett is business psychologist and coach with over 15 years experience working with
leaders at all levels in both public and private sector organisations. She is a Registered Occupational Psychologist with the HCPC and a Chartered Psychologist & Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (BPS). Anna receives regular supervision to ensure ethical and professional practice, as well as undertaking ongoing professional development both as a coach and as a psychologist. She is, for
example, currently working towards accreditation with the International Coaching Federation (ICF), and is also an working towards becoming an Engage Accredited Coach (Engage is a coaching and development engagement and evaluation tool).
To obtain a place on this programme you will need to complete the application form which can be found to the side of the page. For your application to be considered, your application and associated supporting commitment must be fully completed and returned to leadership.SW@hee.nhs.uk by 5pm, Friday 20th October.
Applications received after Friday 20th October will not be submitted for shortlisting.