Master Class Series - Conflict Transformation
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
10:00 to 16:00
“What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing” C S Lewis
It is estimated that the cost of conflict to the NHS exceeds £1 billion a year.
No one likes conflict; no one is immune to workplace tensions; yet during our working lives we will all, at some point, find ourselves having difficult conversations with colleagues or service users.
At best, these conversations are unpleasant to handle, at worst, they can blow up unpredictably. But whichever route they follow, they increase stress on both the people expected to handle the conflict and their colleagues, and on the services within which they take place.
This workshop introduces some new thinking on transforming conflict and some practical methods that restore collaborative and creative relationships.
Participants will explore how to reconcile differences and move conversations towards generating new futures and new possibilities.
- Hear new information
- Clarify how you relate to conflict
- Discuss and share your experience of conflict situations
- Practice some new approaches
- Have an opportunity to explore transformation of a specific issue
- Develop a greater understanding of the anatomy of conflict
- Have access to handling conflict in a different way
- Have a framework for increasing your skills
- Create a support network for the future
Registration is online, please follow the 'book now' button below.
Please note that places will be offered on a strict ‘first-come, first-served’ basis with delegate names confirmed at time of booking. There is no charge for event attendance.Book now